Submission Guidelines for Honors Theses
Before submitting an honors thesis to UTC Scholar, please be sure that all necessary permissions have been cleared. You retain the copyright to your paper and grant us the nonexclusive right to publish this material, meaning that you may also publish it elsewhere.
- When should I submit?
- What do I need know when I am ready to submit?
- What are my intellectual property rights?
- What am I agreeing to when I submit?
- Do I maintain copyright of my work?
- How do I choose a Creative Commons License?
- How do I submit?
- What happens after I submit?
- How do I make revisions?
- How do I acquire a bound copy?
The title of your honors thesis.
The abstract of your thonors thesis.
Your major department, e.g. English.
The degree you are earning by completing this honors thesis, e.g. B. A.
Keywords, tags, or phrases that describe the content of your honors thesis.
The date you'll be receiving your degree, e.g. May 2014.
The Creative Commons License you want for your honors thesis. More information about choosing a Creative Commons license may be found below .
- Date Available
If your work is patent- or publication-pending, set a date in the future for the full text of your honors thesis to be available.
- Upload Full Text
Have an electronic copy of your honors thesis, preferably in Microsoft Word (DOC), (DOCX), or (RTF) format, ready.
- Additional Files
Have electronic copies of any supplemental materials, such as audio and video files or datasets, on hand. View the full list of acceptable file formats.
- Make sure your paper is in an acceptable format. We can accept papers in Microsoft Word (DOC) or (DOCX), Rich Text Format (RTF), or Adobe Acrobat (PDF).
- Create a new account by clicking on My Account and clicking on the Sign up button. If you already have an account, sign in and skip ahead to step 5.
- Complete the user account form. Be sure to enter your UTC email address and choose a password you will remember. Click Sign up.
- After you've created your new account, you will see a page directing you to check your email. Check your email and click on the link in the email. This will take you back to UTC Scholar.
- Once you’ve successfully logged in to UTC Scholar, click Submit Research.
- Choose Theses and Dissertations.
- Check the box to agree to to the Non-Exclusive Distribution License for Theses and Dissertations.
- Fill out the form and upload your file. Required fields are indicated by a red flag.
- Locate the article on your My Account page, and click the title.
- Click Revise Submission from the list of options in the left sidebar.
- Enter your changes in the Revise Submission form, and click Submit at the bottom of the page to submit your changes. (You only need to modify the portion of the form that corresponds to the changes you wish to make.) Once a submission has been posted to UTC Scholar, you’ll need to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request edits. Copy Center and Bookstore for more information.