Submission Guidelines for Theses and Dissertations
Before submitting a thesis or dissertation to UTC Scholar, please be sure that all necessary permissions have been cleared. You retain the copyright to your paper and grant us the nonexclusive right to publish this material, meaning that you may also publish it elsewhere.
More information about preparing and defending your thesis or dissertation is available from the Graduate School Thesis and Dissertation page.
- When should I submit?
- What do I need know when I am ready to submit?
- What are my intellectual property rights?
- What am I agreeing to when I submit?
- How do I choose a Creative Commons License?
- How do I request an embargo?
- How do I submit?
- What happens after I submit?
- How do I make revisions?
- How do I acquire a bound copy?
The title of your thesis or dissertation.
The abstract of your thesis or dissertation
Your UTC academic department, e.g. Dept. of Psychology.
- Degree Type
The degree you are earning e.g. M.A., M.S., Ph.D., etc.
Keywords, tags, or phrases that describe the content of your thesis or dissertation.
The date you'll be receiving your degree, e.g. December 2013.
The Creative Commons License you want for your thesis or dissertation. More information about choosing a Creative Commons license may be found below.
The amount of time you would like to delay access to the full text of your thesis or dissertation. More information about requesting an embargo may be found below.
- Upload Full Text
Have an electronic copy, preferably in Microsoft Word (DOC) or (DOCX) format, ready.
- Additional Files
Have electronic copies of any supplemental materials, such as audio and video files or datasets, on hand.
When you submit research, you will be prompted to supply a justification and period of time for the full text of your research to be under embargo in UTC Scholar. The Dean of the Graduate School reviews all embargo requests and will contact you directly with any questions related to your request.
- Make sure your paper is in an acceptable format. We can accept papers in Microsoft Word (DOC) or (DOCX), Rich Text Format (RTF), or Adobe Acrobat (PDF).
- Create a new account by clicking on My Account and clicking on the Sign up button. If you already have an account, sign in and skip ahead to step 5.
- Complete the user account form. Be sure to enter your UTC email address and choose a password you will remember. Click Sign up.
- After you've created your new account, you will see a page directing you to check your email. Check your email and click on the link in the email. This will take you back to UTC Scholar.
- Once you’ve successfully logged in to UTC Scholar, click Submit Research.
- Choose Theses and Dissertations.
- Check the box to agree to to the Non-Exclusive Distribution License for Theses and Dissertations.
- Fill out the form and upload your file. Required fields are indicated by a red flag.
- Locate the article on your My Account page, and click the title.
- Click Revise Submission from the list of options in the left sidebar.
- Enter your changes in the Revise Submission form, and click Submit at the bottom of the page to submit your changes. (You only need to modify the portion of the form that corresponds to the changes you wish to make.) Once a submission has been posted to UTC Scholar, you’ll need to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request edits. Copy Center and Bookstore for more information.