Policies for Research and DataUniversity of Tennessee at Chattanooga researchers may submit data to the Research and Data collection in UTC Scholar if they meet the following criteria:
- Data must be authored by at least one University of Tennessee at Chattanooga researcher.
- Data must be non-restricted data that DO NOT contain any private, confidential, or other legally protected information (e.g., personal identifiable information).
- Data must be deposited for open access. Authors will have the option of restricting access for a maximum of two year.
- Data are digital. Data collection projects that exceed 2 GB in size may require a consultation. Please contact UTC Scholar at email@example.com so that we can help streamline the upload process for you.
- Data must include adequate documentation describing the nature of the data at an appropriate level for purposes of reuse and discovery. All data receive curatorial review and data that are incomplete or not ready for reuse may not be accepted in to the repository. Learn how to create well-documented data in our Submission Guidelines for Research and Data.
- The data should be in a final or published state. For active or changing data, use an alternative storage solution.
- Data should consist of original and unique data that cannot be easily reproduced or acquired elsewhere.
- Larger or out-of-scope data may be considered for projects with federal grant funding requirements. Please contact UTC Scholar at firstname.lastname@example.org with specific inquiries.